Enjoy a family friendly winter holiday that incorporates a structured youth race program with hosted local ski days!
Time and time again we hear and we read that our young races need to be engaged with snow sports across a number of mediums – not just in the gates. They need to train, they need to play and mostly they need to experience the absolute pleasures of being on the snow in powder, off piste and generally having fun.
We created this program on the back of our own personal experience and the experiences of our friends who have come to visit us, with ski racing children. We’ve given it a lot of thought, we’ve trialled it and our feedback has been extraordinary. Our race products combine all of the above and package it up in a heavy dose of inspiration – you’ll be very pleased with the results!
The 2017 season saw an amalgamation of efforts with Cortina’s leading alpine ski racing club Sci Club Drucie. Coaches are all qualified and registered FISI race coaches contracted through the club. Cortina is the home of ski racing in Italy, with the first alpine race team registered here in the early 20th century. It has a long respected tradition of creating world class racers with the support of phenomenal coaches, so lane space and training is not only facilitated by the ski fields but they encourage active participation!
Choose when you want to come and for how long, the type of accommodation you’re looking for from our options and we organise the rest. This year we are very pleased to add a world cup experience into the mix as well. During certain weeks we will be taking time off to head up to a world cup event to be truly inspired by the very best alpine races on the planet today! Soak in the atmosphere and dream big! More information on the World Cup Race weeks can be found here.
Besides the benefit of your youth athlete becoming a better racer, and having fun while doing it, your family have the opportunity to discover the wonders of the Dolomites with our locally based team. There are many epic adventures to choose from. Some of our family favorites include completing the epic Sella Ronda, lunch at the top of Lagazuoi and being towed to the finish behind a team of horses! We can ski the ‘Super 8’ tour taking in 5 Torre and Col Galina or the incredibly eye opening historical WWI Ski Tour
For you, we aim to combine a wonderful Italian food and wine experience against the backdrop of the most stunning and memorable ski locations and vistas in the world. Closer to home we have the stunning and easily accessible slopes of Faloria and Cristallo, or travel a small distance to the the epic expanses of Kronplatz, Alta Badia or Sextner Dolomiten fields. For altitude junkies, come and experience the longest run in the Dolomites, ‘La Bellunese’ – a 12km long, 1800mt vertical drop run, starting at 3265mts and finishing in the hamlet of Malga Ciapela. Lunches can be an exquisite assault on the taste buds and all Italian wine is generally great wine!
You won’t have a single highlight on this trip, this whole trip will be the highlight of your travels!
- Hotel (breakfast included) or apartment accommodation in Cortina d’Ampezzo or San Vito di Cadore, three nights hotel accomodation in Kranjska Gora where we will free-ski and watch mens World Cup Slalom and Giant Slalom;
- Small group tours – 1 guide per 8 persons
- Dolomiti SuperSki passes for the duration of your trip (additional cost)
- 24 hour hosting concierge service – we’re here to help you as little or as much as you need us to be
- 11 days race coaching - a combination of technical and gate training
- 6 days family skiing;
- Pickup and dropoff Venice Marco Polo Airport;
- Some dry land activities;
- Choice of self-drive or all pickup and daily transfers with Siamo guide;
- Daily Siamo guiding for mum and dad around the best places to eat, drink and ski;
If you are attending the Folgaria International Youth Race (AlpeCimbra) and are looking for training beforehand talk to us as we maybe able to accommodate you in this camp as it's likely we will have athletes travelling to Folgaria.
- 5 days race training per week by a qualified and registered local race coach, covering gates, technical and free skiing – GS/SG/SL Intensive morning sessions
- Pick up and drop off Mon to Fri by your coach
- Dryland activities on selected evenings including rock climbing, swimming, and ice skating
- Siamo ski boot backpack for easy packing and movement of kit
- Your athlete will be allocated a host coach who will pick them up from, and drop them back to, your accommodation every training day. Training is Monday to Friday from 8:30 to mid day for an intensive half day session and cover the disciplines of Super G (GS), Giant Slalom (GS) and Slalom (SL).
- Daily ski hosting – 5 days with instructor-level qualified ski hosts exploring the stunning fields in and around the Dolomites
- Daily transport to and from Cortina’s Dolomite Ski fields on hosted days
- Flexibility – allowing us to choose the best mountain for you, depending on the weather, your skill level, your energy levels and what you want out of your day!
- While your athletes train, a personal Siamo host will pick you and the rest of your family up and go adventuring. Options thereafter, depending on the skiing locations of both parties will be to meet your child for lunch and a free ski and share more cool experiences, or meet them back at the hotel after your day is finished with weekends allocated for family time. When a FIS World Cup event is scheduled, we will have the added option of taking you all there for an experience of a lifetime (additional cost).
The Dolomites are a winter playground. We can recommend many other activities that you could add to your adventures. Consider some of the following cool things to do while you are here:
- Lunch or dinner up at Refugio Col Drucie
- Ski touring (skinning) or skidoo into Refugio De Bona for lunch
- Sledding (day or night)
- Night skiing
- Snow Shoeing
- Cross country skiing
- Austria for lunch
- Visit WW1 Museum and the Col Galina soldiers caves
Austria is a 40 minute drive away so a day spent experiencing local Austrian cuisine and hospitality could definitely be on the cards.
There are small markets in Cortina and neighbouring villages, and we can offer the possibility of a day trip to the outlet malls outside of Venice, indoor rock climbing and indoor swimming pools.
Eat well and play hard…
Family Ski Race Camps Itinerary
Dolomites: Bespoke Tailoring
These are bespoke packages designed around you and your family. FIS have yet to publish the official calendar for the 2017/2018 World Cup season - we'll let you know as soon as those dates are available so we can start tailoring packages!
It starts with an email and then let us create magic!